Hopi Ear Candles
Hopi Ear Candles (some times also referred to as Thermo-auricular therapy) are a hollow woven cotton tube made using only natural ingredients with extracts of honey, pure beeswax and traditional Indian herbs. For a treatment the client is made to feel comfortable lying on a couch; the candle is then lit and placed gently over the entrance to the auditory canal. During the burning process the ear feels pleasantly warm. The treatment is finished of with a pressure point face massage. Recipients of this treatment can sometimes fall asleep. The whole process is relaxing and non-invasive. The candles work on a chimney principle, drawing any impurities/wax to the surface where they are gently removed. It is always important to do both ears, to satisfy the principle of balance. Hopi Ear Candles are a gentle, non invasive treatment best suited to help alleviate:
- Excessive or compacted wax.
- Pressure regulation in cases of headache and migraine.
- Irritations in the ears or sinuses.
- Sinusitis, 'Glue ear' and Rhinitus.
- Noises in the ear (i.e.Tinnitus).
- Ear problems related to swimming, diving and water.
- Relaxation and stress relief.